|Richard W. Kruckeberg, PT,OCS,CHT
"I don't see myself as
just a physical therapist. I see myself as a guide, someone who helps my patients enjoy life without pain."
An appreciation of knowledge
"In my education, in my work as an instructor for the University of Illinois, and in my 20 years of practice, I've discovered one universal
fact: There's virtually no case that can't be solved, no patient who can't
be helped, with knowledge, creative thinking, and a willingness to listen."
- Graduate, Physical Therapy: University of Illinois Medical Center
- Instructor: University of Illinois, Northwestern University,
Lake Land College
- Founder: Central Illinois Physical Therapy
Respected, involved, concerned
"When people ask me how working with so many professional and community organizations makes me a better therapist, I tell them that
my Board Certifications do the same thing: They combine to help me understand my patients and their problems more clearly."
- Member., American Physical Therapy Association
- Central District Chair: Illinois Physical Therapy Association
- Board of Directors: CHOICE Program (raising community awareness of
drugs & alcohol)
- Board Certifications: Certified Hand Therapist, June 1991,
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist, April 1990
A journey of learning and training
"From treatment of hand injuries to the manual therapy of his in pain relief, I've spent thousands of hours learning about the awesome mechanics
of the human body. More important to my patients, I've learned how to help the body run like it was meant to: without pain."
Postgraduate Training in:
- Work injury prevention, Splinting, Hand injuries
- Visceral manipulation, Neural mobilization, Biofeedback
- Myofascial release, Cumulative trauma disorders Musculoskeletal
- Musculoskeletal evaluation and treatment, Spinal evaluation
- Clinical electrotherapy, Pain management